It's February and Winter finally arrived. The last few years we have had crazy warm and sunny winters, which has left the beautiful forests prone to summer fires. It's great to have a snowfall and I hope that it is just the beginning of building up our winter snow pack in the mountains.
We woke up to about 8" of lovely white powder covering everything. Snow always makes our house seem extra cozy, especially with the wood stove burning.
More snow is in the forecast, so while Jesse was at work, Jonah and I took advantage of the mild morning and headed out for a little local snow hike.
Little Snow Angel.
This hike is one of my favorite local jaunts. It's only 2 blocks away from our house, but you are instantly out of town and on an unmaintained path up a steep hill overlooking town.
We didn't make it to the top....the snow was pretty deep for Jonah. But we did make it high enough to peek above the trees and see the winter landscape.
Here's the view looking west.
And east.
Snow or not, I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
xo
beautiful pics Catherine.
ReplyDelete