Sunday, December 30, 2012

Blessings


Jonah turns 18 months today!  I have enjoyed watching my sweet baby grow the last year and a half.  
Over the last few months, most of his development energy has been intellectual.  It is truly stunning to see how quick he is to imitate, follow instructions, and learn.  I am surprised on a daily basis with his verbal skills.  Jonah started using multiple words together a few weeks ago.  Common phrases are "more please" and "up please", but I've also heard "Daddy phone", "see more", and "Daisy bye."

Jonah loves listening to music, dancing to music, and making his own music.  We have a few child-friendly musical instruments (bells, rhythm shakers, drum, etc.), but our cabinet containing tupperware and measuring spoons is often Jonah's preferred destination for percussion utensils.  


Our kitchen floor looks like this at least twice a day.  
Jonah also has shown interest in playing his recorder. He whistles long and short tones and covers the holes with his fingers to change the note.  I know it sounds pretty basic, but I've been playing the flute for 22 years and I'm impressed with his early skills.


Over the holiday we went to see Daddy at his office.  Jonah loved sitting in the big chair and getting to press the buttons on the keyboard.  This was NOT staged.  Does anyone else think he looks eerily comfortable?


I think this is the moment Jonah realized movement of the mouse correlates to the arrow-cursor moving on the screen.  Due to some studies we have read, Jonah has had almost no exposure to television or computers....a trend we hope to continue until he turns 3.  So this was a fun treat!

Speaking of treats....Jonah got to attend his first barrel tasting recently.  


This was at Phelps Creek Winery.  Yes, I know....you give him wine, but no Sesame Street?  
It was just a sip.


A little gift-wrapped Jonah boy.

And a few scenes from Christmas from last year.  They are so little!


A Santa Baby and cousin Mario.


Even though he's growing up so fast, he will always be my baby.


I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and the new year finds you equally blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...