Friday, January 6, 2012

Super Tooth


So if you were around our family at Christmas, you would know that there's been a debate over whether Jonah as 2 teeth or 3 teeth.  My husband and I could not come to consensus on the latest addition to Jonah's mouth!  As you might imagine, I was very eager to finally get this issue settled at Jonah's first dentist appointment.  We went yesterday and got the scoop on brushing little baby teeth and giving fluoride drops......AND.....it turns out that we are both right!  How could that be, you ask?  
Our dentist informed us that it is very possible that Jonah has a fused tooth.  
This happens when two developing teeth merge together.  He said it was very common.  
I was thinking, "Really?  Because I've never heard of that before."  Apparently, it's nothing to worry about and it won't have any impact on his permanent teeth.


When I ask Jonah to show me his teeth---this is what I get.  It's hard to photograph bottom teeth!


Because Jonah's teeth are still so little, our dentist couldn't confirm that it is officially a fused tooth.  So, for the time being, I'm calling it Jonah's Super Tooth.  He has super eating powers as a result, of course.  
The tooth on the right (Jonah's left) is the Super Tooth.


Isn't he super adorable?!  Thanks to Zack for the Wing Man shirt!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...