Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter White


Like much of the Pacific Northwest, we woke up to several inches of snow today.  As I took a trip around the yard to shake the snow off some plants I snapped a quick photo with my camera sheltered inside my jacket.  Being so close to the river means that we get significantly less snow than every where else in the Gorge.


View out across the Columbia.  
For comparison, the photo below is one I took yesterday morning of the swans on the lake.


We drove into Hood River to get some grocery shopping done.  Oregon was covered in Snow Fog.


Of course, no post is complete these days without a nod to my little side kick....


I took this photo of sweet baby J as we were lying on our sides looking at each other.  It's incredible staring into the eyes of a brand new person.  Incredible.
It's a good thing that I have this photo because at his age it doesn't last long before something more exciting snatches his attention away.


We stayed in jammies all day and played on the bed.


Jonah absolutely cracks me up.  In the last couple days, he's become super interested in the camera and this is the face he makes when he hears the "shutter" click.  


Jonah is so close to crawling.  Right now he ends up scooting in reverse when he tries....much to his dismay.


Actually, he doesn't have a look of dismay yet.  


I realize that this is probably baby photo overkill.  I have such a challenging time selecting which photos to post...and I know every parent finds beauty in their children, but (to me) Jonah seems exceptionally adorable.


White bedding is my favorite and the reflection off the snow through the window made an excellent diffused light source.  How could I not take a bazillion photos?


There's some serious thinking going on in there.  I know this is a little blurry, but I wanted to show you Jonah's "effort face."  I've noticed that he has a very patient and persistent personality and will try to achieve something for a while before getting frustrated.


His long reach often catches me off guard.


We had a check up with Dr. Dillon on Monday.  Jonah is maintaining consistent stats.  He weighs 18lbs and measures 28".  Which means that his weight is in the 50th percentile and his height is in the 80th percentile.  His beautifully round head is still in the 90th percentile too.  He's pretty brilliant.  


Happiness.  Gratitude.  Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...